United Way Emerging Leaders Society
Emerging Leaders Society:
United Way’s Emerging Leaders Society is a group of passionate, community-focused, up-and-coming professionals in their twenties or thirties who want to connect with like-minded peers, serve their community, and develop as leaders for change. Emerging Leaders achieve these goals through participation in annual United Way volunteer events, engaging in the issues faced by others in our community, by giving personally, and by sharing the United Way mission with peers.
- Invitations to Emerging Leader Society networking receptions, social events, United Way events, and community building activities.
- The opportunity to make an impact by taking part in meaningful activities including volunteer projects, mentoring, and community service projects.
- Gaining firsthand knowledge of the unique non-profit landscape in and around Washington, DC through discussions with leaders and visits to United Way NCA service locations.
- Recognition in United Way NCA Annual Report and website
- The opportunity to enhance leadership skills through the Board Leadership Development Program. A select program designed to build non-profit board skills coupled with an internship opportunity with a Board of Directors.
To learn how you can get involved, contact Aaron Bobik (email@example.com), Manager of Philanthropic Engagement.