The partnership between United Way and its member agencies can have powerful marketing and fundraising benefits for all of us. In July of 2010, United Way was recognized by Forbes.com as one of the top valued brands in the world! In fact we were the only nonprofit recognized. A great reason to align your organization with our highly recognized and reputed brand.
By actively co-branding with United Way, your visible support, and the visible support of your board and staff members, will heighten the community's awareness and positive perception of United Way of the National Capital Area, and increase the power and reach of our network of local charities.
One of the requirements of being a member charity of United Way NCA is that your organization displays the "Proud Member of United Way of the National Capital Area" logo (click here to download). Please see below for the guidelines and resources to help you implement the co-branding policy.
The "Proud Member" logo must be displayed on all of the following and be clearly visible:
- On your organization's website. At minimum the logo should appear on your homepage and should preferably appear in the visible area above the fold/scroll line. The logo must be linked to United Way NCA's homepage: http://www.unitedwaynca.org
- At the entrance to all facilities whether funded programs occur there or not, and in all point of service locations. United Way NCA will provide 10" x 12" signs, or 5" x 6" window clings for each of your locations at no cost to you. All signage should be hung at eye level in plain sight of visitors to your location(s).
- On any vehicles that are used to provide direct service and are branded with your own organizations name and/or brand mark. Window decals may be used.
- On your organization's brochures, annual report, printed newsletters and promotional materials. Logo should be placed on either the front or back cover, or both, of the piece and must be at minimum 1" X 0.833" (the aspect ratio should always be maintained).
- On e-newsletters. For both email and Web based communications, the logo should appear on the in the upper area above the fold.
- Local print advertisements. Logo should be at minimum .75" wide (the aspect ratio should always be maintained).
Typically, the logo should be anchored in the right corner of the top or bottom of the piece. However, there are exceptions, such as with a Web page. Download the brand guidelines and logo placement guidelines for illustrations of proper placement.
A .ZIP file of the "Proud Member" logo can be found here.
Other Opportunities for Co-Branding:
- Business cards
- Table tents
- Event invitations
- Note cards
- E-mail signatures
- PowerPoint templates
- Social media sites
Other opportunities to promote our partnership:
- Submit client success stories for use in United Way marketing
- Submit Days of Caring volunteer projects
- Provide trained agency torchlighters (people who have been helped by your agency) to speak on behalf of United Way during the campaign
- Include a message in support of United Way in voicemails and hold recordings
- Add "a proud member of United Way" message to agency boilerplate
- Include United Way boilerplate in media releases
- Include United Way marketing messages in media releases
Feel free to send this page to Web programmers, graphic designers, etc. who may need the information contained on this page. For questions about use of the United Way NCA brandmark, contact Courtney Ginty at email@example.com