Combined Federal Campaign
About the Combined Federal Campaign
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the largest and most successful workplace giving campaign in the world. Over the last five decades, federal employees have generously pledged more than $7 billion dollars to nonprofit organizations, including many that are United Way of the National Capital Area (United Way NCA) members.
At United Way NCA we believe that by building stronger, healthier, more financially stable individuals and families, together we create a better life for everyone.
There are many reasons for all of us to give back to our communities. But another reason to do good...is that it feels good. Joining hands to help your neighbors makes you a part of something bigger than yourself. It makes you an important part of a living thriving community. A community all of us share. We hope you will consider joining hands with us — along with our more than 700 member nonprofit organizations within the Combined Federal Campaign — in dedicating your time and your resources to support the common good. That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Introducing Heroes 2.0
We're excited to announce our Heroes 2.0 campaign!
In this campaign, we're highlighting the superpowers within each federal worker and letting them know they truly are Everyday Heroes to the nonprofits they support.
2012 CFCNCA Campaign Video
The Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) is the only authorized workplace charitable giving drive for Federal employees in the Washington Metropolitan Area and is the largest workplace giving campaign in the world. Established by Executive Order in 1961, CFC continues to be the most successful workplace fundraising model in the world. For more information on CFCNCA, visit www.cfcnca.org.
Six Facts About The Combined Federal Campaign
- Giving through a workplace giving campaign is one of the least expensive ways for participating organizations to raise funds and continue to advance their mission. Donors can make a one-time gift or choose to give through a payroll contribution spread over the course of an entire year.
- Every charity participating in the Combined Federal Campaign has a five digit designation code.
- The CFC code for United Way of the National Capital Area is #31408.
- United Way NCA and its member organizations participate in four CFC campaigns in the Washington-Baltimore metro region – CFC of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA), Chesapeake Bay Area CFC, Potomac CFC and St. Mary’s County CFC.
- When completing your pledge form, be sure to use the correct designation code for the charity you wish to support.
- To learn more about the four CFC campaigns that United Way NCA participates in, visit the local campaign websites at: