Combined Federal Campaign
Federal Employees Give Back to Local Charities
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the largest and most successful workplace giving campaign in the world. Over the last five decades, federal employees have generously pledged more than $7 billion dollars to nonprofit organizations, including many that are United Way of the National Capital Area (United Way NCA) members.
United Way NCA would like to extend a special thanks to all member nonprofits that have shown support to CFC through active engagement of speaking and tabling opportunities. By Living United we are able to show strength and unity as a powerful collaborative, and, most importantly, continue to help our neediest neighbors.
|Download CFC Logos|
What to Know About the 2012-2013 Combined Federal Campaign
- Putting our experience and expertise to the task, we prepare, review and certify our members' applications for the annual eligibility process associated with the CFC. If an organization meets United Way NCA's membership eligibility requirements, we will submit an application to CFCNCA, Chesapeake Bay Area CFC, Potomac CFC and St. Mary's County CFC on the organization's behalf.
- Every charity participating in the Combined Federal Campaign has a five digit designation code. Your five digit code will be the same in all four campaigns that United Way NCA and its member organizations participate in. Prominently display this code on all your marketing materials.
- The CFC code for United Way of the National Capital Area is #31408.
- To join United Way's NCA agency tours and speakers bureau, click here. By informing us that your organization wishes to participate in charity fairs, provide presentations and support member tours, United Way NCA will do its best to engage you in both CFC and private sector campaign events and activities.
- During CFC campaign season, should your organization be invited to participate in a CFC event that United Way NCA has not arranged for you, please complete this brief online form. To support relationship building and event follow-up, and increase the number of speaking engagements and charity fair opportunities throughout the entire campaign, we need your feedback!
- United Way NCA is committed to providing outstanding value to our member organizations and assisting you to raise awareness of your mission throughout the region. We recognize that we are all intricately connected and that success of our shared vision to advance the common good depends on the success of each of us. To help you raise awareness of your mission and maximize your engagement of federal donors, please review and utilize the following tools and resources.