Share Your Successes
|Submit your story now!|
One of the most compelling ways that we can convince residents to Live United - to Give, Advocate or Volunteer - is to share with them stories of real people whose lives have been changed for the better through United Way NCA's network of caring organizations.
If you have a story of success acheived by one of your beneficiaries of service, please share it with us, so that we can promote the good work that is being accomplished throughout the national capital area. You can upload a photo of your subject (along with their written consent) to put a human face to the tale you tell.
Video Stories: You can also upload a video testimonial or video blog to tell your story. We ask that you keep them to no more than 2 minutes in length. WMV, MP4 and MOV formats are acceptable.
Working together, we can fulfill our mission to inspire acts of caring and make our community a better place for all of our residents.
Tips for writing your stories:
- Tell a story of an individual beneficiary of your program or service, not a program overview.
- Names may be changed to protect the identity of the individual.
- Paint a picture of the individual. Provide a brief personal history and explain why/how they came to your organization for help.
- Highlight the difference in their life from when they first sought help, and after they received services. Give specific details of the services they received and explain how their lives were improved as a result.
- Ideal story length is between 200 and 300 words.
- If the person is agreeable, provide a photo and a signed release form (Download File) for use in promotion and communication by United Way NCA.
- United Way NCA may make stylistic changes to the story, but will always respect the integrity of the narrative.
Remember, one of the objectives in our collecting these stories is to provide compelling examples to potential donors of the value and positive impact their contributions make in real lives. Submit your story.