Mission and Vision
United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community to advance the common good.
- To be the acknowledged leader in charitable impact in the Washington metro area
- To be a model of integrity, ethics and honesty for the non-profit community
- To serve as the vehicle of choice for directing donations to the most deserving causes
- To be the "convener" of business, agency, community and civic leaders around the needs of the community
- To be an area-wide community builder that responds to needs in the national capital area
- To be an efficient and effective organization with the highest standards of accountability
- To be a resource that is accessible to all citizens and celebrates diversity
- To be an organization that inspires and facilitates employer aspirations for good citizenship
- To be an organization that creates opportunities for citizens to be meaningfully involved in the community
Ethical conduct, integrity and dedication to service are vital to the way your United Way NCA works. Our code of conduct provides a strong and disciplined set of standards and guidelines to help us all do the right thing.