At United Way NCA, we are in a unique position to make a powerful positive impact within our community. Through our popular and proven workplace giving programs, our on-the ground presence throughout each region of the national capital area, and our broad network of community and government agency partners, we are ready and able to create significant improvement in the daily lives of our neediest neighbors.
In the last year we:
- Disbursed $1,675,726 in grants throughout the community to support programs that improve health, strengthen families and help our children succeed.
- Helped low-to-moderate income residents receive over $12.8 million in income tax refunds through our Earned Income Tax program.
- Provided free health screenings and follow-up care to thousands of residents.
- Saved individuals and families over $2 million through our FamilyWize discount prescription program.
- Helped over 10,000 kids get moving towards a healthier future through our Fun, Fly & Fit youth fitness program.
We do all of this and more by making the important connections between the resources and the needs in our community. Together with our member nonprofits, community partners and the caring residents of our community who Give, Advocate and Volunteer, we work to make the National Capital Area a better place for all of us.