We want to help you fulfill your volunteer needs. Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it’s reading to children, leading financial literacy classes or delivering meals to homebound seniors, there are volunteer options available every day.
See below for a sample of our featured volunteer opportunities for individuals, groups, and families:
• Volunteer for United Way NCA - Volunteer on special annual volunteer days (MLK Day of Service, National Volunteer Week, Day of Remembrance, Veteran’s Day) and/or one of our signature projects (Do More 24, Project Homeless Connect, Fun, Fly Fit)
• Volunteer for a United Way NCA Member Nonprofit Organization - United Way NCA is your source for connecting to volunteer projects at local member nonprofit organizations that match your skills, interests, and schedule.
• Participate in a Days of Caring Opportunity - Each year, members of United Way’s network of member nonprofits and other participating organizations design hands-on projects for groups of volunteers, called Days of Caring. By participating, volunteers gain a deeper understanding of our region’s social service community and the work that United Way NCA and local nonprofits do every day of the year.
• Participate in a Day of Action - These annual days aim to mobilize hundreds of local volunteers to complete community service projects throughout the Washington metropolitan region.
• Provide Professional Skills - By donating your professional skills- legal, financial, graphic design, marketing, or clinical services – you can have a profound impact on the success of United Way NCA’s mission to advance the common good in the national capital region.
• Volunteer Resources - United Way NCA staff is happy to provide volunteer resources and consultation to local companies, nonprofits, schools, civic and government associations.
Get Started Today! - A few hours out of your life can make a big difference in the life of someone in our community. Search for volunteer opportunities near you, or sign up to be notified of future opportunities by visiting, UnitedWayNCA.org/volunteers.